In episode eleven of season one, an ex from Phoebe’s past comes seeking her out and brings with him a cursed urn that only leaves the people who take it dead.
[OH, I SHOULD MENTION THAT IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN CHARMED, FOR WHATEVER REASON, THEN YOU SHOULDN’T READ THESE ARTICLES BECAUSE THERE WILL BE SO MANY SPOILERS FOR THE EPISODE I’M TALKING ABOUT AND FUTURE PLOTLINES. YOU’VE BEEN WARNED.]
THOUGHTS WHILE WATCHING THE EPISODE
- Okay if there’s a curse where people die when they’re around it connected to this urn why even chance it?
- Why would you just stand there while a cloud of dust is in front of you? Walk away, dude.
- So, am I supposed to just assume this spider bit this guy because all it looks like it’s doing is crawling on him.
- Piper: “Don’t take this personally, but sometimes you can be a bit judgmental.”
Prue: “That is so not true.” *piper stares at her* “Alright, so maybe it’s sometimes true.”
Really Prue? I’m pretty sure it’s always true.
- Honestly, some of the ADR is a bit cringy. Not only in this episode, but in the first couple seasons.
- Phoebe you can’t just expect Prue to bend the rules for Clay’s urn when Buckland’s already in trouble financially. Just let her do her job.
- Wait, so she doesn’t have to be near the urn, she can just travel anywhere as long as her symbol is able to stick to something?
- Technically, Prue is right to worry about Phoebe in this case.
- Prue, why would you leave that poor auctioneer to look like an idiot? You couldn’t let him know real quick that you were switching them or something to help the poor guy out.
- Why the fuck was he just lurking and hiding in the shadows of Prue’s office?
- I love Prue using her powers to convince that guy that the urn is cursed.
- Once again another creature that looks like it’s just crawling on the dude’s neck and not attacking.
- Phoebe: “Even if he’s foolish enough to risk his own life. He would never risk mine.”
How can you be so sure Phoebe? Hasn’t it been awhile since you’ve see him? How do you know he’s the same Clay you knew?
- Andy still cares about Prue and is there if she needs him! UGH!!
WHY COULDN’T THE DAMN WRITERS LET THEM BE TOGETHER?! WHY DID THEY WAIT UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE?!
- I forgot they mentioned the Seven Deadly Sins before the episode that focuses on it.
- Clay: “I hope the next time we cross paths, I’ll be the guy you always think you see.”
And we never see Clay again.
This episode was okay. The villain was an interesting change. It wasn’t a demon or a creature, but a curse. I liked how the episode tried to incorporate a curse/myth from a different country. I enjoyed Clay’s character and his dynamic with Phoebe. Honestly the most memorable parts of this episode are the guardian of the urn and Clay’s relationship with Phoebe. Actually, after rewatching this episode I couldn’t help, but think how I wished they’d had Clay come back in some way. He was an interesting character and the actor had great chemistry with Alyssa. What else makes Clay’s character interesting is how it plays into the future Halloween episode in season three where the sisters are sent back in time and Phoebe’s told that her true loves name starts with a C. I just find it funny that, to me, Phoebe’s most memorable romantic interests are Clay, Cole, and Coop. I guess that guy in the episode was right, that or Phoebe just has a thing for guys whose first name starts with a C.
Overall, this episode explores Phoebe’s character more with the help of an ex from her past and explores a different villain. Other than this isn’t a horrible episode, but it’s also not a hugely memorable episode either.
Hope you guys enjoyed my review of “Feats of Clay” and I hope you check out the next review when it’s posted.